Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Corduroys & Cocktails.










Leather Jacket: Zara / Cords: Current Elliott: Similar here / Booties: Charles David 
Tote: Lolo / Bracelet: LFR Designs

One of my favorite things to do is try new restaurants & cocktail spots. Tonight I was thrilled to check out a recommended new hot spot Polite Provisions in North Park with my husband & two great friends. Thank you Sam Golden, great pick! It was the perfect spot to catch up with my dear stylist friend Alisha Golden who is in town for a few days from San Fran. Being with my husband & great friends in a cozy urban atmosphere, sipping delightful drinks & noshing on tasty eats was a perfect evening. I chose a cocktail called the "Veronica Rose" which is Aperol, Rose Petal Gomme & Sparkling Wine. I highly recommend it. I still can't get over the lamp post that reminds me of Narnia. I keep thinking maybe if I close my eyes & touch it I'll find myself in a magical land. I know what you're thinking..."have another Veronica Rose!" Seriously though, the atmosphere sucks you in. If it doesn't, then the meatballs, mac-n-cheese, & veggies covered in thick crumbled bacon will. If you like Craft & Commerce you will love Polite Provisions!

On a fashion note: It got very chilly in San Diego tonight so I decided to wear my new leather jacket with a rock band tee, booties, & cobalt blue skinny cords for a pop of color. I didn't want to be too edgy so I carried my "LOL" tote that just so happened to match perfectly. It's a fun alternative to the expected black clutch. I think the 6-7pm cocktail hour is the perfect time to try funkier looks. It's the "anything goes" time. So go ahead, rock an unexpected look the next time you meet friends for a drink. 

xo - E

1 comment: