Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Spring Sandals.





Sandals: Stuwart Weitzman / Dress: A.L.C. / Shades: F21

I tend to live in my Jack Rogers sandals at work through Spring/Summer because they are so comfortable, a little dressier & match everything. I wanted to find a new sandal that was all of these things but had a little heel. When I saw this cork pair I decided they were perfect. The cork is different & I like that it adds texture. A stacked heel is better than a skinny heel to wear standing all day on a wood floor. I also like the touch of gold hardware on the back. When I was walking through the shoe department at Neiman Marcus these certainly weren't  my dream pair of shoes. There were so many beautiful heels that I would love to own, but I've learned to be more practical (especially on a budget). I needed to invest in a shoe that met my work needs. Play shoes are always more exciting, but it's the worst trying to get ready for work in the morning & not having any shoes that I can wear all day that complete my look. 
It's important to assess your wardrobe & figure out what you need to shop for before going to the store. It's a lot more fun to shop for funky pieces once your wardrobe has all of the staples you need to pull complete looks together. This is easier said than done, but once you make a shopping list for the essentials & start checking them off it feels great.

If you live in the San Diego area & need help going through your closest, I'd love to work with you! Together we will assess your wardrobe, decide what stays & what needs to go, & I will create a shopping wishlist for you. Click on the Personal Styling label for contact information. 

xoxo - Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment