Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Celebrating Josiah.











 













Rancho Bernardo Inn
17550 Bernardo Oaks Drive
San Diego, CA  92128
www.ranchobernardoinn.com

This past weekend I took Josiah to Rancho Bernardo Inn for a little Birthday getaway. It was our first night away from our puppy Stella since we got her (she was 7 weeks, now she's 6 months). It was much needed! Josiah works so hard & I couldn't think of a better gift then a little R&R. My amazing parents came from San Clemente on Friday night (Josiah's actual Birthday) & we had a relaxed homemade dinner & family time. They stayed over & babysat Stella so we could getaway & have all of Saturday to enjoy.

We've stayed at RBI before (for my Birthday actually) & we love it. It's lush, relaxing, & they have everything you need! A spa, pools, great dining, patios with wood burning fireplaces, live music on the weekends, golf...it's wonderful. From what I've discovered so far it's the most bang for your buck in San Diego. The package deals are awesome! I also love that everyone calls us Mr. & Mrs. Reid. I feel so sophisticated (& a little old - in a good way), haha!

We both had to work on Sunday so we got up early to pack & quickly get ready. This allowed us to take our time enjoying breakfast out on the patio at the Veranda restaurant. It was the perfect ending to our stay! We sat under a heat lamp in the crisp morning air, sipped coffee, shared light conversation & just enjoyed each others company. Overall this was one of the best weekends we've had in a while. No home projects, grocery shopping, cleaning...just sunshine, cocktails, & time with my love celebrating his special day. 

On a fashion note: I packed only comfortable, relaxed attire. A sheepy sweater & faux fur vest for the chilly morning & late night patio time, flowy silk pants, skinny jeans, sandals, flats & heels, two dresses, a couple of tops, a bikini/cover-up &  jewelry that goes with everything. The weather here has been all over the place so I had to be prepared for anything. I ended up wearing everything except for two tops (I brought options for dinner & left it up to hubs)! When you stay somewhere relaxing like Rancho Bernardo Inn you don't want to be over done. I wore minimal make-up all weekend as well. Just be comfortable so you can enjoy every minute! Oh, & I'm obsessed with the new nail color I picked up at Target...Essie "Bikini So teeny"! ;)

Do you have any exciting getaways planned for the near future? We decided this is something we definitely need to do more often. 

Hugs & Kisses,
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment