Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Thrifting.

From the top: Striped Skirt: $4.99 / Lace Skirt: $7.99 / Embroidered Skirt: $9.99 
Beaded Dress: $12.99 / Raspberry Sweater $4.99 / Gold Bird: $4.99 / Book: $1.99

I would rather be thrift shopping than drinking green beer any day! ;)
Today has been quite productive. Hubs & I got up early & went to church, did our Target & Trader's Joe's run, then came home & drank coffee, ate snacks, & played cards. Josiah wanted to find a few new records & books so we walked over to Goodwill (GW). I told myself I was just going to book section too, but like I could actually just walk by the clothing without taking a "quick" looksie! So glad I did because my Spring shopping list is now a little shorter.

I scored three amazing Spring skirts in fun prints! I can do a basic tee tucked in to all of them with statement jewelry & a denim jacket so completing the looks will be easy on the wallet as well. I'm so excited to put together a few looks for each skirt! I also can't resist a cuddly sweater for $5 & I don't have anything else in this raspberry color. A matching lipstick will be a must! 

You already know how much I love my vintage blue bird I found in Nashville so you can imagine how thrilled I was to find him a companion today! My new bookshelves thanked me. I love the white Jonathan Adler animals as much as anyone, but I prefer finding unique pieces at thrift stores or antique shops.

Looking for a good novel? I recommend anything by Elin Hilderbrand. Last summer I told my boss I was looking for a new novel to read. She told me about this author & said the books keep you glued to the pages. They are perfect for poolside or snuggled up in a reading chair. My boss has always vacationed in Nantucket with her family & her photos & stories leave me wanting to experience this island! These books not only give you a taste of Nantucket, but they for sure suck you in. Romance, scandal, suspense...they cover it all! I've read a handful so far & was so excited to find one I haven't yet ready at GW for $1.99. 

Have you gone to any thrift stores & since reading my last post about thrift finds? If so where did you go & what did you find? I'd love to hear! 

Cheers!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment